We have tried to make this policy as transparent and easy to read as possible in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came into force on 25th May 2018, however if you have any questions or concerns over the use of your data or would like to exercise your statutory rights by JNC, please contact us via the details at the bottom of this policy.
Why we process your data
- To manage relationships with our customers according to the terms of service we are contracted to deliver
- To keep you up to date with the latest, relevant content we have published around the JNC solutions you are using.
- To inform you about other products and services that we think would be of interest to you based on the profile of your company and / or job role
- To handle your webinar/event registration or enquiries made directly to us
- To collect your feedback and seek your insight through online survey invitations.
- For analysis with a view to administering, supporting, improving and/or developing our website, and the product and services we offer.
- To collect feedback on any product, services or website.
- To carry out support investigations as required. Where JNC acts as a Processor of our Customers’ data required to deliver our Support services, a Data Processing Agreement is available.
Our lawful basis for processing your data
It’s in JNC’s legitimate business interest to keep its customers and contacts informed of our latest content, products and services.
We process customer and client data and use direct marketing as part of this legitimate interest. It’s necessary for us to use a variety of direct marketing channels and messages to ensure our contacts are kept informed. Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
We will keep your data safely and securely for as long as necessary or according to your instructions, and we review the data we hold at least once every two years. If you’d like more information about how we store your data, please contact us directly.
In particular you could expect to receive from us:
- Newsletters relating to our products and services
- Emails inviting you to participate in our educational webinars / events relating to the products you use or may be interested in based on the profile of your business
- Occasional direct mailings or phone calls about our forthcoming content or events.
- You can manage your preferences and unsubscribe from any or all of these different types of email at any time.
Types of data we collect
We collect information about you when you complete voluntary forms on our website and associated landing pages in order to gain access to content such as datasheets, case studies, videos etc. We also collect information when you register for webinars and events, complete surveys, use our web chat service or enquire through our online forms. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
For example we may ask for:
- Your name
- Your job title
- Your job role
- Your email address and contact number
- Your postal address
- The name of the organisation you work for
- The type of industry you work in
- The number of employees in your organisation (by band)
Cookies are small text files which are transferred from our website to your computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. They are used to collect standard internet log information and monitor visitor behaviour.
We use Web analytics and other similar cookies – we use these to count and recognise visitor numbers and their actions on our website, helping to inform us about how to improve your website experience.
We also collect a small about of data via cookies to help personalise your web chat experience.
Cookies can be disabled in your internet browser settings but doing so may affect your ability to fully use parts of our website, products and services. For more information and advice on cookies and how to make changes to your browser settings in order to accept, delete or reject cookies, visit the Internet Advertising Bureau website – www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
Sharing your information
JNC will not share your information for any purpose with any 3rd party companies or suppliers.
Your rights over the personal data we hold
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you, and we will provide that information within one month of your request at the latest. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a small fee to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Your right to object
If you no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes by JNC you can opt out of our direct marketing at any point. You can either click the unsubscribe link from the email sent to you, or email us at JNCenquiries@eque2.com
Data protection Authority
You have the right to raise a concern or lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the case of residents of the UK please see more information here.
How to contact us
JNC are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 02843407.